Saturday, February 26, 2022

Poke Back

(I wanted a photo to go with this post. 
So I chose this one. 
Reminds me of Jellyfish a little bit.
What do you think?)

I didn't know if I was going to survive the first 15 minutes of my morning😄. I felt like I was in some sort of labyrinth-style video game or something. 

You see, I started my day out waking up later than I wanted to, much much later to be honest.  I had my usual morning routine going on here which included driving to see my therapist. 

My therapist has become my best friend; as best of a bestie as you can get professionally in the client/therapist relationship. That being said, I have to tell you that "Willowmina"(not her real name LOL) is amazing. She has helped me through so many seasons of my life in the short time I have come to know her and love her since last May. 

Between God, my Saturday Sisters, Wednesday Warriors and "Willowmina" my perspective on life has changed dramatically as well as my own personal accountability for things I have done wrong and acknowledging the things I have done right without having to feel awkward when people pay me a compliment(I am getting better at that one; I am not a fan of pride, and try so hard not to be prideful as I prefer humility). 

Anyway, where was I?

OH yes...MY ROUTINE!

So this morning I woke up late, debated showering(glad I did though, and I am sure those sitting around me this morning at group are glad as well😝).  I headed to the Starbucks at the grocery store down the road a piece and as my luck would have it, I go into the store and as I walk through the flower department to the Starbucks, lo' and behold there is a line of people longer than the toilet paper line of 2020 at Costco. 

Okay, I am exaggerating a tad bit here, but when you are starving, running late and need coffee, a line of more than SEVEN people waiting for coffee, constitutes concern and panic in one's mind.

As I am walking to my car, I decide to get gas at the grocery store gas station. I like to pay a person versus using my card at the pump, skimmers and all, ya know, can't be too careful. I'm thinking it's 7:30 they have to be open right?

Nope.

Closed, not a soul in sight for miles. Snacks locked up like bank money behind a metal door with a lock, and I think I saw a tumbleweed roll across the parking lot. 

Great!

Guess I will find coffee and gas and some sort of nutritional item somewhere else down the road.  I continue driving and notice that red and green sign...

...what's this?? A 7-11???

YES! 

Sustenance finally! 

AND GAS!
    
I pull in and find the tanker truck parked in front of the pumps. Cars everywhere. I decide to pull around to the front pump so I can just roll on out to the street after. I finally maneuver my car around all the other cars and wouldn't you know it, there is a red plastic bag on there that says "Out of Order"...no way Jose'!!! 

So I go back around and park at another pump and walk into the store to get my gas, coffee and something to eat. 

I peruse the various varieties of coffee...hazelnut, guatemalan something or other and ooo...what's this? Blueberry? I grab a cup and pour myself a nice hot cup of caffeinated heaven and look around for something to eat. 

I notice the freshly made cheese pizza. It looked like it had tons of ooey gooey cheese on it. YUM! Pizza and Coffee is the breakfast of all starving late-to-their- appointment champions, please don't judge me(that's the title of my next blog post...spoiler alert!!!). Although if you are going to judge me, I really hope you give me at least a 9.5 or perhaps a golden buzzer😂.

I realized after I paid for my food I forgot to tell the guy I needed gas too.

Pay for gas.

Pump gas.

Get into car and pull out of spot.

Go to open my pizza and I look inside 👀 ...

IT'S PEPPERONI! 🤮 

I don't like to eat pepperoni. 😷

But...because I was starving I picked off what wasn't glued on  and I ATE IT! (I am telling you that they glue on that pepperoni! I couldn't get most of them off of there without taking the cheese with them!)

I am here to tell you, that I survived the great pizza slice mix up of 2022. It was touch and go there for a while, but I lived to tell the tale.  🌟

Yay, me.

So I was trying to figure out why all this was happening to me. I literally said to God, "What am I suppose to learn from all of this?" 

I mean, it was not life-threatening or life-altering, albeit life annoying to no end, I finally mentioned this to my therapist, know what she said?

It's satan poking you.

Huh?

Let me tell you, I finally understood what she meant.

POKE POKE!, Your car's run out of gas on your way to an interview.

POKE POKE! You stub your toe when you are getting ready to go to Bible study. 

I remember when satan poke poked me literally on my living room carpet with a toothpick(where that toothpick came from is beyond me) when I made the decision to walk down that aisle at my former church for the altar call and give my whole life to Jesus.

POKE POKE! That coworker is going to drive you crazy even though 99% of the time you both get along just fine and you really love that coworker to death. POKE!! JAB! POKE!

POKE POKE! Your daughter just came home with a tongue piercing and two tattoos. POKE JAB JAB DOUBLE POKE!

POKE POKE! Your husband's boss just scheduled overtime on the weekend of your women's retreat so he can't stay home with the children. POKE JAB JAB POKE!

All of life's annoyances or obstacles or moments of sheer frustration can be blamed on only one enemy...satan. 

Your husband, his boss, your daughter, your mother-in-law or mother or sister or brother or son are NOT to blame when various trials or annoyances come into your life.

When satan pokes you with lies that spew from those you love or satan pokes with circumstances beyond your control, or a health issue comes into play, a pain in your side or some well-made plans(especially when you are doing the will of God) come along, I am telling you that satan will try to toy with you mentally, physically and most importantly... spiritually. 

Here is the good thing about all this. 

He may win a few tiny battles, but I promise you he doesn't win the war.

GOD DOES.

So look to God for strength when the trials or annoyances come along.

Look to God for patience.

And look to God in those moments of frustration of unplanned events (or stubbed toes).

He's there and always will be.

Don't give the enemy power, but take away the enemy's power and poke back with prayer.




"My brethren count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience." -James 1:2-3









No comments:

"Reservation for Barb, Party of One"

  Look at the moon.  In this photo I took it looks so small and insignificant.  It looks so alone . I pretty much feel like the moon looks a...